How to Have a Powerful Discovery Call!Aug 18, 2020
Before I dive in let me describe a discovery call for you, so we are on the same page.
A discovery session is the opportunity to get to know your client, to listen to what they have to say. It will tell you what their challenges are and insight into what their goals are. It is also the opportunity to identify if you are a good fit to work together.
Have you ever had a discovery call? Have you ever had a powerful discovery call with someone where you felt heard and understood where you realized that what you want might actually be a possibility?
How would you like to be able to do the same for your clients? You will not only be able to move them forward but discovery sessions that will also increase your closing ratio.
A Discovery Session will provide you with the following information:
- Your potential client’s current challenges
- What they have tried, what has worked and what has not worked
- Their goals and what they want to create or expand
- What they want to see happen next
By Asking the Right Questions and Active Listening, you will be able to get this information from your clients. You need to listen with an open mind, hear what they are saying and not saying. Make notes as they share their information with you.
In my discovery sessions, my objective to gather as much information as I can from the person I am speaking with.
I start off by Asking Questions; that allow me to find out more about them, what their goals are and what may be standing in their way.
Some of the Questions include:
- Tell me about your company and what you do.
- What is your role in the company?
- Do you have a vision for your business? If yes, ask them to tell you about it.
- What is the main challenge you are having right now in your business?
- Why do you think this issue is arising?
- What have you been doing so far to bring in new clients?
- How many clients/customers do you have right now?
- What income are you bringing in from your business at this time?
- What kind of income do you need to generate monthly to pay your bills and have extra?
- What is your service or product?
- Do you have any packages you are offering?
Keep in mind that the question you can ask will determine the flow of the conversation.
I use the questions that apply to the conversation we are having at the time. The top 5 questions are the ones I use in almost all of my discovery session.
If you want to experience a discovery session that flows the path above, feel free to book a discovery session with me.
Click the link and you can find a date and time that works for you.
GET THE LEADERSHIP QUALITIES CHECKLIST
What qualities do you possess? Great leadership comes from having a great mindset and believing in who you are and what you are doing. Download Your Free Checklist.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.