Character Building Experiences in Business and in LifeDec 17, 2018
Character building experiences happen all the time. Recently I had a full week planned with dead lines, client calls and appointments outside the office. Well Tuesday of that same week my 10-year-old daughter woke up quite sick and was not able to go to school for 3 days. The week had to be adjusted. Being an Entrepreneur and a mom like many other women, I am always multitasking and looking for ways to be more organized and efficient with my time.
We all have those days or weeks when life happens and stuff comes up: strategy meetings, training new people, kids starting school for the first time, teething, family challenges, lack of sleep, and life to name a few. Sometimes all of these things happen in one week. The bottom line is, as an entrepreneur regardless of what is going on in life, we still need to run our business.
In my 18 years in business I have learned a few things and want to share with you 10 tips I live by:
- Never put off something you can do right now.
- Life happens no matter what your plan is, how much money you make or what you do for a living, especially when you have children.
- In business as an entrepreneur we need to be organized, efficient with our time, and schedule our business hours as well as our family hours.
- Realize that sometimes we just need to go with the flow and smile.
- Give yourself some padding with times lines whenever you can.
- Being an Entrepreneurial Mom means you are always juggling, adjusting, and making it all work, so don’t forget to find some time for you.
- Always keep one eye on where it is you want to go with your business and build towards it. YOUR BIG VISION!
- Know what you are really good at, then establish yourself as the expert in your industry by sharing your knowledge, through: blogs, speaking, videos, social media, etc.
- Your word is really the only thing you can control, so keep it and be in communication when you can’t.
- Never spend time worrying about things you have zero control over and take the action to change what you can.
Did you know?
When Walt Disney was looking for a loan to create Disney Land he went to 100 banks and they all rejected him. It was bank 101 that said yes. Don’t give up just because you hear the word no a few times.
Life is amazing and perfect just the way it is. I love what I do and I love being a mom that can work from anywhere.
“Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember you can achieve.” Mary Kay Ash
International Executive Coach,
Speaker, & Author