50 Things I Learned In The Past 50 Years
Jul 21, 2019
50 may just be a number, but its also how many years I’ve been on this beautiful earth.
Those years have brought experiences, challenges, success, lessons, love and friendships, each moving me along the path to making me who I am today.
And for that I’m grateful.
Here’s what I have learned in those 50 years. My top insights that I’m happy to share with you.
50 Lessons By 50
- You are the only one that can make what other people say mean something about you.
- If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything. (My Mom)
- Other peoples opinion of you is non of your business
- Your relationships matter, you need to put time into them.
- Practice Gratitude, every day it will change your life.
- Every day is a new chapter in your book of life. Decide how it will be written. You get to decide.
- Other people's opinion only matters if you let it
- Never put your life on hold for business. Your family may not wait for you.
- What ever job or business you choose make sure you love what you do.
- Find your purpose and live it.
- Create a Vision for your life and business / career. If you don't know where you are going you won't know how to get there. Make it so big it excites you every day.
- Dream Big Always.
- Don't be afraid to be you. There is no one else like you.
- Life others up with your words and your actions.
- Be happy for the success of those people in your life.
- If you don't create unrealistic expectations on others you won't be disappointed.
- Accept people for who they are and what they are able to give.
- Change has to start with you.
- Never stop learning and growing.
- Keep your pity parties to a minimum and short. 5 minutes max.
- Do not gossip and stay away from those who do.
- Stay away from judging others as you probably do not know the whole story.
- Staying angry with others only hurts yourself.
- Be yourself.
- Be open and coachable.
- Find mentors that want to see you succeed at what you have chosen to do.
- Always value your time and the time of others. You can't get time back.
- Love with all your heart and be compassionate.
- Be a leader that people want to follow.
- Share you knowledge and create value.
- Never give up.
- Make time for yourself.
- Celebrate your wins big and small. Always.
- Choose the people you work with carefully.
- Associate yourself with people who see the big picture and are smarter than you.
- Think outside the box. There is always a solution.
- Build a life you love.
- Problems are opportunities. Find a creative solution.
- You don't have to do it all alone. Asking for help makes you a powerful leader.
- Everything in life is a choice so choose powerfully every day.
- Fear can disable you or empower you. Chose to be empowered, address your fears head on.
- Never let anything stop you from doing what you love.
- Kindness always wins.
- Be grateful every day for what you have. Even the small things.
- You can't serve everyone. Find those that are the right fit.
- Choose your core group of friends wisely. Those that will cheer you on and lift you up.
- Find a really good coach that see's your vision and will help you build it up.
- Your bucket list should be a Now List, we never know what life holds for us.
- Business and Life are simple. We make them harder than they need to be. Get out of your own way.
- Lastly, age is just a number, it is never too late to start something new. Including a Business.
© Carolyn Dickinson Success Coaching
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Carolyn. You're information will not be shared.